1. Where are you located?
We are located at 730 North Mill Ave in Tempe, AZ 85281. On the southwest corner of Mill Ave and Washington Street just north of Tempe Town Lake and the 202 Freeway.
2. Where can I park?
The Marquee Theatre has limited on-site parking for $7.00 per car/ motorcyle. Additional parking is available at the high rise parking structure located to the north of The Marquee Theatre (west of Mill Ave and north of Washington Street). Prices vary at this lot.
3. How do I buy tickets for your shows?
Tickets are available in four ways. Online, in person at the Marquee, other ticket outlets, and over the phone.
To purchase your tickets online and have them available at will call, simply click here, or find the show you wish to see and click the tickets link.
To purchase tickets in person, please visit our box office at the Marquee Theatre during normal box office hours; ticketing outlets including Headquarters (Tempe); all Bookman’s stores throughout Arizona.
Please note, we no longer offer print at home tickets due to counterfeit tickets being produced.
Please know that you will still incur various per ticket and per order service charges on all ticket sales.
To purchase tickets over the phone, please call our box office at 480-829-1300 Monday- Friday from noon-6pm
4. How can I be guaranteed tickets for a big show?
Be a member of that particular band’s fanclub. Most fanclubs hold a limited amount of tickets to their events. Check with our box office regarding special line-ups at the box office on the first day of sale. We always will hold a limited amount of tickets for die-hard fans who want to come to our box office. Lastly, be on your computer on the first day of sales.
5. Someone else is buying me tickets on-line, how can I pick them up at Will-Call?
This can be a friend or child of yours. If you are picking up someone else’s tickets, this is what you will need in order to pick them up:
- A copy of the original purchaser’s confirmation email
- A copy of the original purchaser’s picture ID (front and back)
- A copy of the original purchaser’s picture showing (front and back)
- A note from The purchaser stating he is allowing you to pick up their tickets.
- Make sure letter has signature verifying that you may pick up their tickets, for example, “(Your name) has my permission to pick up my tickets.”
6. I purchased tickets online or over the phone and had my tickets placed at Will Call, when can I pick them up?
Any day prior to event date at the box office during normal box office hours. Also, the day/ night of the show during normal box office hours.
7. I lost my tickets / forgot my tickets at home. Help!
VERY IMPORTANT: All Tickets purchased through our box office are non-refundable, non-exchangeable and need to be treated like cash if lost. If you lost your tickets, there is nothing we can do. If you forgot those tickets at home, turn around and pick them up.
8. What does sold out mean?
It means there are no more tickets left and you don’t get to see the show.
9. What does GA mean?
GA stands for general admission and means that there is no assigned seating or areas of any kind. First come first served to be closest to the stage.
10. Are there seats inside the Marquee?
The majority of concerts are general admission standing room only events. If you have a disability or injury that requires special accommodations please let us know and we will do everything we can to make you comfortable. On rare occasions, some shows are fully seated, which will always be noted in the show information.
11. I am in a wheelchair or have special needs? Can you accommodate?
We always do everything we can to make sure that every guest we have is comfortable. Our building is ADA compliant.
12. Can I smoke inside the Marquee?
Nope. We do have a smoking patio adjacent to our lobby area.
13. How old do I have to be to see a show at the Marquee?
In almost all cases, we are an all ages venue. Some shows we have to be strict regarding the age limit so please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get consent to attend with a parent.
14. Why do I need ID? I’m not going to drink.
Most of our shows are All Ages, in which case you will not need your ID to get into the show. But, on occasion when events are 16+, 18+ or 21+, proper State Of Arizona ID is required. No school ID’s will be allowed.
15. What kind of ID do I need to drink at The Marque Theatre?
16. I am a parent and am extremely concerned about letting my child go to a show there. Make me feel better.
Sorry, only you can decide if going to a concert is appropriate for your child. We are an all ages venue and have very strict wristband policies and strictly enforce the legal drinking age. You can always stop down and take a look around and see the Marquee for yourself, or even better, share the excitement of going to a concert with you
17. Do you have a bar inside?
Yes! We have full service bars inside the Marquee. One in the main auditorium to the left of the stage, and one in the lobby and one in our smoking patio.
18. What is your photo policy?
Our policy is that you are allowed to bring in cameras. However, that may differ from the bands policy and the bands policy wins. Almost every band is ok with small digital cameras or point and shoots. Almost no band is ok with professional grade photographers without prior approval.
19. Can I bring in a messenger bag or backpack? What about a coat check?
No backpacks of any kind, sorry. We do not have a coat check.
20. Can I rent out the Marquee for a private party or wedding?
You certainly can. Please email email@example.com for more information.
21. Do you have an ATM?
Yes we do, located in the lobby.
22. Do you serve food?
Yes, we serve Pizza at most events in the lobby.
23. I am coming in from out of town for your show, where should I stay?
The cheapest hotel would be the Best Western on Scottsdale Road just south of Curry Road. Additional hotels are available in downtown Tempe (Marriott, Tempe Mission Palms, etc)
24. What is your re-admission policy?
Re-enrty is not allowed. Sorry, no exceptions unless a special need occurs.
25. Do you have a dress code?
Clothing is required, the style is up to you but no gang apparel.
26. Where can I get some cigarettes?
For most shows, Headquarters Smokeshop will sell cigarettes. But remember, there is no smoking inside the venue but we do have a smoking patio adjacent to the lobby.
27. Can I bring my brass knuckles, knife, wallet chain, caribiner, gum, sharpies, to the concert?
We apologize about having to make patrons take off their shoes, empty their pockets, open their purses but you would be surprised what some people try to bring in to shows…We want all partrons to have an enojoyable time at theMarquee… But, due but to the extent that some of these items can be used as weapons, we cannot have them in the theatre. When you come to a show you are always given the option of returning such items to your car, but if you elect not to do so, we take the items and do not return them, no matter how much crap you give us. Also, we do not allow gum because of the amount of used gum that winds up on our floors, windows, walls. Also, we do not allow sharpies since our bathroom stalls get marked up routinely with obscene and or gang related language.
28. Will you call me a taxi?
Absolutely! Ask anyone at the main entrance and we will make it our first priority. Cab service in Tempe is reliable and safe. We normally have Discount Cab Company have a staging area in our parking lot at the conclusion of most events.
29. Is there public transportation available to patrons?
Yes, there is a light rail stop to the northwest of the Marquee Theatre on Washington Street west of Mill Ave. There is also a bus stop on Mill Ave south of Washington Street.
30. What is your re-admission policy?
Re-enrty is not allowed. Sorry, no exceptions unless a special need occurs.
31. When will the show end?
Ah, if only we had a crystal showtime ball. The end of a set is at the discretion of the performing act (although we contract them for a minimum set length – anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes, depending on the act). This is a question we usually cannot answer. For some events that run late, Our curfew for events to end is usually 130am and all patrons must exit venue by 2am.
32. Have you seen my husband? He’s 6 foot, gray hair, red shirt…
It is difficult for us to locate people in large crowds. Unless there is a true emergency, we are unable to page customers or make announcements. You may want to prearrange a meeting place with your group (i.e., next to merch booth at 10:15pm) or try setting your cell phone to “vibrate” so that you can be contacted during the show if necessary